Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Finals Begin!

Today is reading day, a day meant to be used for relaxation and preparation for exams to come. I, however, am at work.In an effort to cure the boredom and anger of being trapped at work on such a fine day, I will release of few of my thoughts and activities for your entertainment.

Yesterday, I added a new member to my family. Gary, my sweet little hermit crab is sleeping in his cage right now. He was easy to pick out even amongst the many crabs wishing to be adopted at the Petsmart in Summerville. Gary was perched at the top of a branch in the cage shared with 6 other crabs. He was teetering on the tip of the branch, waving his little claw in the air as if to chant "Pick me, buy me, you know you want ME!"
"I'll take THAT one" I said and pointed at the little creature swaying back an forth on the branch, making his best effort to be noticed and not lose his tight grip on the branch.
He enjoys climbing pieces of wood in his cage and playing a little beach volleyball with his ball-shaped sponge that I placed in his water dish. Its purpose is to prevent an accidental drowning while taking a drink in between exercise sessions in his cage, but he prefers to pick up the round sponge and move it around the cage. He seems unaware of the potential fatality of his actions. His shell is plain and needs to be painted with a striking design to brighten up his crabitat. Any shell design ideas??


Alas, tomorrow marks the beginning of a long week of final examinations, meant for us to prove the knowledge we have gained over the semester. Yet, it seems the only thing these examinations prove is that if one stares at 5 pages of notes long enough only a few hours before the test, one can recall the information just long enough to pass the test, only to forget the material a few minutes after.

Gary, Axle and I will be traveling to the new homestead in NC on the 5th of may!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment